I got my amended passport today by FedEx. So excited. Things have been going smooth as we planned lately. Louisiana is under the Philippine Consulate in Chicago jurisdiction but the visa service we used submitted my papers to Washington, DC. Embassy, so I guess, it's okay to submit applications there, as the embassy supersedes the consulate, we assume. So, I got my passport in my married name already, future travels will be less a hassle.
Speaking of travels, we had a good day in town today, as we have a number of appointments to come to. At the end of those shopping for the rose garden, eye, dental and hair rendezvous, we stopped by a buffet for lunch. My fortune cookie says:
learn "Filipino": store(n) = tindahan (in my translation);
and it says "travel is in your future"..
I laughed. Yeah, it's surely in my future, and will be as soon as possible when I get my permanent residence card! (Toink!) But we are patient for that. It will come when it is least expected. Just so happy I got my passport amended already.
The documents we submitted for amending my passport name to my married name
(for the purpose of reference):
1. MY PASSPORT
2. PASSPORT AMENDMENT FORM
3. REPORT OF MARRIAGE CONTRACTED ABROAD, 3 copies
4. (1) CERT. TRUE COPY AND (3) PHOTOCOPIES OF REGISTERED MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
5. DIVORCE DECREE
6. ONE (1) PHOTO EACH OF APPLICANT AND SPOUSE
7. POSTAL MONEY ORDER $20.00 PAYABLE TO EMBASSY OF THE PHILIPPINES, WASHINGTON, DC.
REPORT OF MARRIAGE CONTRACTED ABROAD
1. FOUR (4) DULY ACCOMPLISHED ROMCA SIGNED BY HUSBAND AND WIFE
2. FOUR (4) IDENTICAL COLORED PHOTOGRAPH OF HUSBAND
3. FOUR (4) IDENTICAL COLORED PHOTOGRAPH OF WIFE
4. ONE (1) CTC AND FOUR (4) PHOTOCOPIES OF REG. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
5. INFORMATION SHEET ON FILIPINO MARRYING FOREIGN NATIONALS
6. NSO BC and photocopy.
6. POSTAL MONEY ORDER PAYABLE TO THE MEBASSY OF THE REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES WASHINGTON, DC $25.00.
Since we applied through an agent (or mail), we had my documents notarized, which we don't need to should have I submitted it personally.
A copy of Report of Marriage Contracted Abroad is sent back to us as a copy of the registered ROMCA.
Have a gratifying day. :-)